Topics covered via video links:
- The value and benefits of your District’s membership in MTSBA
- Flexibility, efficiencies and funding challenges facing Montana’s public schools
- The Essentials for School Board Trustees
- Negotiating for Student Success
- Strategic and Vision School Board Governance
- The Importance of Sound School Board Policy and Procedures
- Navigating the MTSBA website and AMS and training opportunities for school boards and leadership teams
- Employment Law Essentials
- An overview of MTSBA’s 2021 Legislative Platform
The video links will be emailed to only those registered for this video event. The links can be watched at any time, anywhere. There are two video options - one person viewing or unlimited district viewing - you can make that choice during registration. This event is sponsored by MTSUIP. There is no fee for MTSUIP program members to attend.
Disclaimer: Montana School Boards Association (MTSBA) has designed these materials to provide helpful information regarding topics and best practices on issues concerning the administration and governance of Montana K-12 public schools. These materials are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. MTSBA does not intend nor should these materials be construed to constitute the rendering of any legal advice. Should the recipient of these materials desire legal advice on any of the topics or information contained herein, MTSBA recommends that the recipient make a specific request for legal advice.
MTSBA Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds for cancellations (5) days prior to the date of the training. Notification of cancellations must be received by Wendy Brenden by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if MTSBA cancels an in-person event due to extenuating or unforeseen circumstances those registered will be moved to the video-option for that event. If you are registered and do not want the video-option, you must notify MTSBA within 5 days after the cancellation notice to prevent being charged for that event.